Want to go to the source? here it is! (Facebook's S1)
- "The Hacker Way is an approach to building that involves continuous improvement and iteration. Hackers believe that something can always be better, and that nothing is ever complete."
- "1,218 full-time employees, 2,127 full-time employees, and 3,200 full-time employees at the end of 2009, 2010, and 2011, respectively. "
- Experiences Centered on People, Connections & Interests: "We believe that the web, including the mobile web, is evolving to become more social and personalized. This evolution is creating more rewarding experiences that are centered on people, their connections, and their interests."
- Organize, Prioritize & Distribute Content: "people are consuming and creating more kinds of information at a faster pace across a broader range of devices. The growing volume of information makes it challenging to find meaningful and trusted content and to effectively make your voice heard. Facebook organizes and prioritizes content and serves as a powerful social distribution tool delivering to users what we believe they will find most compelling based on their friends and interests. "
- Marketer Value: Reach, Relevance, Social Context, Engagement
- Market Opportunity: Advertisement (Branding & Performance) & Payments (Platform)
- Strategy: More Users, More Active, More Accessible to Developers through a better platform, More Accessible to Marketers through better Advertisement tools and end user Advertising Experiences.
- "In 2009, 2010, and 2011, advertising accounted for 98%, 95%, and 85%, respectively, of our revenue."
- Symbiotic Relationship? "In 2011, Zynga accounted for approximately 12% of our revenue, which amount was comprised of revenue derived from payments processing fees related to Zynga’s sales of virtual goods and from direct advertising purchased by Zynga. "
- Facebook already has 483M daily active users: "There are more than two billion global Internet users" (only 3/4 to go!)
- "2011 Compared to 2010. Marketing and sales expenses in 2011 increased $243 million, or 132%, compared to 2010...." "..46% increase in employee headcount to support global sales, business development, and customer service...." "...share-based compensation expense increased from $2 million in 2010 to $43 million in 2011 due to recognition of expense related to Post-2011 RSUs. "
- "2011 Compared to 2010. Research and development ... 57% growth in employee headcount in engineering, design, product management, and other technical functions. This investment supported our efforts to improve existing products and build new products for users, developers, and advertisers.2010 Compared to 2009. Research and development 81% increase in employee headcount in engineering and related functions. This investment supported our efforts to improve existing products and build new products for users, developers, and advertisers.
- Total Costs & expenses compared to R&D and Marketing & Sales:
“this journey is 1% finished”
Shameless plug: don't forget to check out Zuberance Self Service Beta!