- Similar to what was the case with Social Media a few years ago "Big Data" is not really a new phenomena; what is happening now is that the "friction" of storing, processing and acting on Big Data is quickly disappearing. Today it is possible for large and medium companies to leverage Big Data to improve their operation, CRM, service, Marketing, etc. Tomorrow this power will likely be also available for smaller companies.
- Storing and processing the data is not the key challenge; the key challenge comes with the interpretation and triggering of actions based on those interpretations. I see these two as key business opportunities for technology startups.
- The line between Marketing Automation, Social CRM, CRM and Digital Marketing will blur; as I have written before the combination of:
- The almost limitless ability we have today to manage a relationship with our customers wherever they choose to be (our Web Site, Social Media Networks, Other Web Sites, their Email, and soon even through virtual reality served in front of their eyes)
- The ability to almost instantaneously process large amounts of data and trigger selected actions based on that
Will make it so that the isolation of those concepts and disciplines will cease to exist and will need to convert in a common platform that supports marketing, sales, service, operations, fulfillment, etc.
Big Data references:
What do you think?
Post a Comment