Loved the format; they got us started with a "Wiki Wall" with a few thought provoking questions:
- In what year will advertising die?
- When do you build content versus buy media?
- What works better online? Advertisement or Content?
That was followed by a wonderfully lead presentaiton and prompt for discussion that found a ,very engaged set of attendees that took advantage of the ample opportunity to exchange and discuss. Among the key pearls I remember (and I know many are missing from this list) are:
- We are (or need to) headed to a future where more relevancy is the norm; I took it an step further and suggested that needs to be taken to the level of relationship management... we are capable today to use a very comprehensive knowledge f the customer or potential customer and based on that deliver value at almost any point throughout the web..
- Measure and vigilance on the right ways to use these capabilities are required: I suggested that as an industry we need to band together to regulate more "the use of the hammer" rather than the hammer itself.
- Media buys and Content are not at odds: Bought Media will provide the Brands the opportunity to present the message, Content (Owned, User Generated under Brand sponsorship or Aggregated Across) will be the way the message is communicated.
- Curation and Curators are very important to the ecosystem in this new space
Thank you to all the fellow attendees that made this event such an interesting one; looking forward to the opportunity to interact with you in the future as we head into a world where:
What do you think?