I sometimes have the privilege to post here as a "curator"; I define curator as the person that helps call attention to that that is worthwhile and “connect the dots"…. This Podcast is definitely worth of attention; and below some nuggets to help you connect the dots:
In the podcast: VP Marketing at Powered Inc. Aaron Strout, Forrester senior analyst, Jeremiah Owyang, digital editor of AdWeek, Brian Morrissey and marketing blogger/consultant, Susan Getgood.
- Is about Social Marketing; getting people to interact with each other (and as consequence of that advance your business objective)
- We have gone through a series of iterations: 1st build isolated communities, 2nd build communities in the playground (i.e. Facebook), 3rd iteration: bridge both
- “Knowing what people find interesting to share is as important as knowing what they are looking at themselves.... the idea that they thought something was important enough to share… gives a company of any size the kind of information to know what kind of content really engages your customer and you can build more of it.”
- Enriched Social Profile can drive more relevant / contextual experiences if user chooses to expose it.
- FB Connect lowers barrier to entry (registration).
- "If you could think about an implementation where people could sign in with Twitter and have things going back and forth that would lead to a lot higher engagement and higher traffic"
- The concept of the Web Site has changed; "Corporate Presence is fragmented and connecting to communities where they are"
- Increases engagement: sites with Facebook Connect see a 15-100% increase in reviews and other user generated content
- Drives traffic: For each story published in Facebook, we see roughly 3 clicks back to the site. Nearly half the stories in the Stream get clicked on.
What do you think?
Post a Comment