I have been asked these questions many times lately; here the way I normally go about answering them:
The core aspects in which the Social Media phenomena is based are deeply ingrained in our psyche; I know that I am generalizing when I say this but:
- Most of us seek and like to “gather” with others that care about thee same things we do and for the same reasons.
- We like to help when we can and seek out help when needed.
- We love to collect (articles, knowledge, friends, trip memories, etc.) and showcase our collections
- We are curious, and we like to browse around (things that find interesting)
These are behaviors we had before computers existed, and will be with use long after computers as we know them today are a thing of the past. Social Media is here to stay because its basis were and will be wiht us forever.
The next question I am asked is where do I want to move forward in my professional career, and implied in the question is the aspect that social may not be the center of it for a long time…. here the way I normally go about answering it:
- I came to Social Media through CRM; as soon as I realized what SM was I understood the potential business value to establish, manage and leverage a set of multipoint relationships in Social spaces where knowledge was created, communicated, curated, etc.
- Helping companies to advance / achieve business objectives through the application of the above will always be of value, and will continue to evolve as technology enables more and better ways to do this.
What do you think?
Post a Comment